Preventing A/C & Copper Thefts
Area: Zone 4
Thefts and vandalism of air conditioning units has been a city-wide challenge. We encourage citizens to report suspicious activity immediately to 911.
1) Alarms + motion sensors (alerts sent to cell phones rather than landline)
2) Well-lit areas
3) Marking coils (spray painting phone numbers) w/flourescent paints or other identifiable markings
4) Camera surveillance w/recording capability
5) Neighborhood Watch Programs
6) Crime Prevention Inspectors can make property assessments and conduct educational seminars upon request
7) Utilize Crimestoppers and you may receive a reward (404-577-TIPS or 8477)
8) Posting signs for: Monitored Alarm or Camera, Tracking Device Installed, No Trespassing
Your participation is welcomed.
Captain B. G. Cavender
Zone 4, Assistant Commander