“Shareable Dockless Mobility Devices,” or scooters
Scooters offer a new transportation option for people but can create a public safety challenge. Ordinance 18-0-1322 adopted on January 7, 2019 addresses regulations for scooter riders and helps protect everyone navigating the streets and sidewalks through the City of Atlanta.
APD along with the Department of Public Works will enforce the laws and want to make sure the public is informed. Take a few minutes to review the ordinance and know the regulations and consequences for violations.
- No riding scooters on the sidewalks
- Ride scooters in LIT Lanes (bike lanes) or in the right lane of the street
- No using a cell phone while riding
- Ride one person per scooter
- No blocking crosswalks, doorways, driveways or anything else
- Follow traffic laws, the flow of traffic and always yield to pedestrians